One of Todd Howard's promises for Starfield included a statement mentioning how you can play as a Bounty Hunter in space. This announcement had loads of people excited, and with Starfield out and about, it's time to try out the promised Starfield Bounty Hunter build.
What Is A Bounty Hunter Build?
The Settled Systems are rife with all sorts of rogue factions and threats who disturb the peace. Where these threats exist, so will those who deal with them. That's where you come in as a Bounty Hunter. Each faction has its own set of mission boards, which you can use to grab missions to hunt down these high-priority targets. Generally, these targets will include Ecliptic Mercenaries, Spacers, and the Crimson Fleet. You'll be tasked with apprehending or killing their leaders on outposts, research facilities, and in space combat.
We also suggest grabbing the legendary Mantis' ship and spacesuit for an even more authentic bounty-hunting experience. Spacers will flee and beg for mercy at the mere sight of you.
- RELATED - How to become The Mantis
Bounty Hunter Background
The Bounty Hunter background will give you access to specific dialogue choices and options in encounters with NPCs and enemies that let you flex your reputation as a bounty hunter. It comes with the following starting skills:
- Boost Pack Training
- Targeting Control Systems
These skills all help you with your ship piloting and ground traversal.
Bounty Hunter Skills and Traits
Bounty Hunting will take you to space and enemy outposts, so you must be prepared for both scenarios.
- Ballistics - For all your physical weaponry damage upgrades.
- Lasers - Laser weapons are a must for any competent bounty hunter.
- Rifle Certification - Upgrade the damage from all your rifle weapons.
- Pistol Certification - Certain pistols are pretty powerful, and you should definitely grab this skill.
- Sharpshooting - Increased lethality and precision for your critical hits.
- Piloting - Learn how to pilot more efficiently and how to pilot the largest ships.
- Targeting Control Systems - Slow down time and disable enemy ships to board and take down your target personally.
- Shield Systems - Survival is key when you're outnumbered in ship battles. Upgrade your shields.
- Particle Beam Weapon Systems - Particle Beams are the most efficient and easy-to-manage weapon systems available for ship combat. Upgrade them.
- Weight Lifting - You will be carrying a lot of guns for this build.
- Alien DNA - Gain increased health and O2 in return for reduced healing.
- Dream Home - Your very own secret lair.
- Kid Stuff - When you're out there adventuring, know that it's to keep your parents safe. Also, get a cool weapon and ship from them.
Best Weapons for a Bounty Hunter Build
No respectful Bounty Hunter would have a complete build without a deadly arsenal in their pockets. Here are our suggestions for the best weapons to bring along for your bounty-hunting trips.
- Ember (Laser Pistol)
- Keelhauler/Magshot (Heavy Pistol)
- Revenant (Endgame Rifle)
- Unmitigated Violence (Powerful Laser Rifle)
- Eternity's Gate (Particle Beam Rifle)
- Experiment A-7/Big Bang (Shotgun)
- MagSniper (High damage Sniper)
- Bridger/Ashta Tamer (For Explosive AoE Damage)
Furthermore, you should be on the lookout for powerful combat modifiers such as:
Best Spacesuit for a Bounty Hunter Build
The best and most on-brand spacesuit for the Bounty Hunter build will initially be the Mantis Spacesuit. This suit belonged to the legendary bounty hunter, The Mantis. Take on the mantle and live up to their legacy. Afterward, you might want to upgrade to something like the Nishina Spacesuit from Entangled or the Antixeno Spacesuit from Hostile Intelligence.
You can also find suits with high stats and modify them to your liking. We suggest looking out for the following spacesuit modifiers:
- Combat Veteran - Take reduced damage from humans
- Auto Medic - Medpacks are used automatically
- Incendiary - Light nearby enemies on fire
- Peacemaker - +10% rifle damage
Best Powers for a Bounty Hunter Build
The Bounty Hunter is already fearsome enough with his weapons and armor. However, you can employ Starfield's otherworldly powers and make yourself an even more frightening force on the battlefield.
- Phased Time: Stop time; your enemies won't know what hit them.
- Sense Star Stuff: No target escapes the bounty hunter's line of sight.
- Reactive Shield: Walk up to your enemies without any fear.
That's all you need to know about the Bounty Hunter build and how to go about playing it. Now go out there and make the Settled Systems a safer place while enacting justice and making some money for yourself while you're at it.
- READ MORE - Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Build
For more articles like this, take a look at our Builds page.