Upon launch, Starfield was missing several notable features. Among these was the highly popular DLSS support for PCs and FOV sliders. Bethesda recently announced that their new patch would be released at the beginning of November.
Today saw the release of the latest patch for Starfield on Steam Beta. We look at what this new update contains, how to download and install it, and when the rest of us can expect the patch to arrive.
Starfield Patch November Steam Beta
The latest patch for Bethesda's space epic Starfield dropped on November 8 for Steam Beta. This new update came with some much-requested features for the game; they are as follows -
NVIDIA DLSS SUPPORT
This update introduces Nvidia DLSS support for our PC players. Compatible Nvidia graphic cards can now use DLSS Super Resolution, Deep Learning Anti-aliasing (DLAA), Nvidia Reflex Low Latency, and DLSS Frame generation. Please note: While DLSS Frame Generation is active, VSync needs to be toggled OFF to see the benefit. We are working to automatically adjust this setting in a future update.
LET THEM EAT!
By popular request, we have added the ability to ingest food and drink items upon finding them in the environment. You can enjoy those Chunks immediately or save them for later. The choice is yours.
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Addressed a number of memory related issues and leaks.
- [PC Only] Add some GPU performance optimizations, which will be more impactful on higher end cards.
- [PC Only] Improved renderer threading model, improving CPU usage most notably on higher end systems.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
- Added the ability to eat the food placed in the world
- Adjusted stealth to be a bit more forgiving.
- Fixed an issue where Andreja’s head would stay permanently cloaked.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from firing their weapons.
- Fixed issues where some NPC could be seen not wearing clothes.
- Fixed an issue where already in-progress skill challenges could stop progressing after reaching the Unity and starting a new game.
- Fixed an issue that could temporarily prevent opening the inventory or saving after entering the Unity.
- PC: Fixed an issue where mouse movement could be choppy.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the home ship to be lost.
- Fixed an issue where the ship services technician might be missing.
- Addressed an issue with how ambient occlusion appeared in ultrawide resolutions.
- Optimized initial shader compilation that occurs on start-up.
- Added the ability to adjust Brightness and Contrast in the Display Settings menu.
- Added the ability to adjust HDR Brightness provided that the system supports it. (Xbox & Windows 11 only).
- Addressed a number of materials that could sometimes present an unintended pattern under certain conditions.
- Fixed various visual issues related to the new FOV slider options.
- Improved the appearance of the eyes on crowd characters.
- Addressed a number of minor visual issues related to lighting, shadows, terrain, and vegetation.
- All That Money Can Buy: Fixed a rare issue where players couldn’t sit during the negotiation with Musgrove.
- Blast Zone: Fixed an issue where the hard rocks that need to be cleared out by players will not appear on Ngodup Tate’s land.
- Echoes of the Past: Fixed an issue where the Grylloba Queen could sometimes not be reachable during the objective “Secure the Shuttle Bay”.
- Eye of the Storm: Fixed an issue where players' quest progression could potentially be blocked due to a missing docking prompt.
- Grunt Work: Addressed an issue where progress could appear blocked if “Supra et Ultra” was completed while returning to the Lodge during “High Price to Pay”.
- No Sudden Moves: Fixed an issue that could prevent the entrance door to the Scow ship from being opened again.
- Operation Starseed: Fixed an issue where the key that is needed to exit the facility could sometimes not be present.
- Sabotage: Fixed an issue where David Barron could potentially not be found by players.
- Short Sighted: Fixed an issue where players could rarely become control-locked while speaking with Vladimir.
- The Heart of Mars: Fixed an issue where players might not be able to mine the “The Heart of Mars”.
How to Join Steam Beta
Here's how to get the new Starfield patch earlier by opting into beta updates
- Go to your Steam library
- Right-click on Starfield and select properties
- Select 'Beta' from the menu on the left
- Choose the beta you want to participate in from the drop-down box in the upper right
In other news this week, a fan uncovers a Halo Easter Egg in an unlikely place, a discovery is made by bringing Andreja to Paradiso, and Conan O'Brien finally plays Starfield on Clueless Gamer. Be sure to check those of those out as well as the rest of our daily news here on the site.
That's all we have for you on the latest Starfield patch. Be sure to keep an eye out, as we will update you as soon as the patch is available for all Xbox and PC users.
Whatever the need may be, stick with us at Starfield Portal.
For more articles like this, take a look at our News page.