Starfield has you constantly scavenging for Organic Resources like Fiber, Sealant, and Nutrients across various planets. While you can buy these items from different vendors, building a Greenhouse to farm the Organic Resources will save you tons of credits and money. Greenhouses can be your source for unlimited Organic Resources in Starfield.
Although building a Greenhouse isn’t rocket science, many players skip it entirely as the game doesn’t make the process intuitive. However, we highly recommend taking your time to research the process and requirements for Greenhouse development on your Outposts to maximize their value. Here’s everything you need to know about Greenhouse in Starfield.
What is a Greenhouse in Starfield?
A Greenhouse is a structure that can be built inside your Outpost that can be used to grow plants and provide you with different organic resources you need in Starfield. You can build Greenhouses of various sizes as long as you have the required skills and resources. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of building a Greenhouse and how it can help you farm organic resources of your choice.
How to Make a Greenhouse?
Now that you understand the benefits of a Greenhouse for your Outposts let’s start with the step-by-step process of building one!
Greenhouse Building Requirements
Fret not if you can’t see the Greenhouse among your Outpost modules. You must invest a skill point in Botany Level 1 to unlock the Greenhouse. Once you have that, complete your Horticulture 1 research in the Outpost Development segment, which requires you to unlock the Outpost Engineering Level 1 skill. Once you have these requirements down, you can build a Greenhouse.
Remember that you need to find a habitable planet with different types of Flora to set up a Greenhouse on your Outpost.
Building a Greenhouse on Your Outpost
So, you’re set up on a habitable planet and have your Outpost ready. Here is a step-by-step guide for building your Greenhouse in Starfield.
- Make sure you have scanned the Flora nearby that you want to grow. You can only domesticate a Flora if it shows 'outpost production allowed' written on your scanner once you scan it. You won’t see Greenhouse in your Outpost Builder menu without first scanning the Flora.
- Ensure you have the following materials required for making the most basic Greenhouse:
- Fluorine x2
- Reactive Gauge x1
- Adaptive Frame x2
- Sealant x1
- You can buy all these resources from Jemison Mercantile in New Atlantis and most other resource vendors.
- The next step requires you to go to the Outpost Builder’s menu and build a Greenhouse.
- Now, you go to the Extractor menu of your Outpost and make a Water Extractor. You need to provide water to the Greenhouse for growing plants. You'll also need to build a Power Source to power the Water Extractor.
- Finally, build Storage for your output to keep all the Flora produced by the Greenhouse. Connect everything, and you’ll have a functioning Greenhouse to grow infinite Flora, as long as you have it scanned.
That’s all you need to know to start your little farming spot. If you're wondering which Organic Resources can be farmed in the Greenhouse on each Starfield planet, this Reddit post explains it well!
That's all you need to know about farming organic resources quickly and building a Greenhouse in Starfield. For more information, learn how to create automated production facilities and how to get infinite credits.
For more Starfield, stick with us at Starfield Portal!