The Botany skill is an advanced Science Skill that improves your ability to identify, harvest, and cultivate plants in Starfield. With this skill, you can identify and harvest plants that can be used for food, medicine, or crafting materials.
06 Aug 2023
09:11 am GMT
What does Botany do?
Allows you to find and scan plants more quickly. Also lets you gain additional more rare resources from various flora.
What are the ranks for Botany skill?
There are 4 total ranks for Botany.
- Get more common and uncommon organic resources from plants, learn additional info about them from the scanner, and allow some plants to be cultivated at your outposts.
- Get more rare organic resources from plants and learn information about them more quickly using the scanner.
- Get more exotic organic resources from plants and learn information about them more quickly using the scanner.
- Occasionally harvest additional rarer resources from plants and learn information about them more quickly using the scanner.
Are there challenges to complete for this skill?
- Spend a total of 4 Skill Points in the Science tree.
- Scan 10 unique flora.
What build does Botany work best with?
- Trailblazer: The Trailblazer is a versatile build that can be played in a variety of ways. You can either focus on exploring new worlds and finding new plants, or you can use your plants to help you survive in harsh environments. The choice is yours!
- Botanist: The Botanist is a more focused build that is designed to research plants and their uses. This build is perfect for players who want to learn more about the natural world and how plants can be used.
- Herbalist: The Herbalist is a practical build that is designed to collect and use plants for medicinal purposes. This build is perfect for players who want to help others heal and who want to be prepared for anything.
Did we miss something? Let us know!
Noticed a mistake on an entry or that we're missing database items?
Let us know here!