Now that we've tracked down the perpetrators of the kidnapping in the previous quest, Ghost Hunt, it's time to figure out how to deal with them. Help out the Eleos Retreat and confront the Trackers Alliance bounty hunters who seem to be targetting the new settlement in the quest Exorcism.
Ask The Staff How To Deal With The Trackers (Optional)
Before you head out to deal with the Trackers, you can talk to the staff at the Eleos Retreat and have them weigh in on what should be done.
All four members will bring up their respective approaches:
- Sloan will suggest that you resolve matters as peacefully as possible without violence.
- Nevan recommends paying them to leave the Eleos Retreat alone and hands you 2500 Credits for this task.
- Monika wants you to try to persuade them and make it clear that they're just bullies. This strategy is effective during the Persuasion dialogue.
- Greg wants you to kill them so they never come back again and to set an example for others who would like to do the same.
With everyone's consultation and Nevan's Credits, you can now confront the Trackers however you like.
- RELATED - Most Evil Decisions in Starfield
Approach the Trackers
Now, you can just fast-travel back to the Trackers' hideout and go through the facility. Hopefully, you've dealt with the robots already. Walk up to the living quarters and sit down on the sofa nearby. The screen will black out, and the Trackers will spawn, confused at the destroyed robots and your presence.
Confront the Trackers
Stand up and walk up to the Trackers to start a dialogue automatically. When you ask them why they're doing what they're doing, they just complain that the existence of the Eleos Retreat would cut down all the bounty hunter work, and they'd be jobless. It's a pretty selfish reason. At this point, you have a few ways to deal with them:
- Persuade them to leave the Eleos Retreat alone. You can save the game before the dialogue to retry this. Monika's accusation of bullying is quite effective here and you get to keep your Credits.
- The second option involves paying them off. However, this comes at the hefty sum of 20000 Credits.
- The last option is to kill them so they never bother the Eleos Retreat again.
Should You Kill or Persuade the Trackers?
Persuasion is probably the best decision here narratively, as it helps the Eleos Retreat keep an image of a peaceful new settlement. Plus, it saves you a bunch of Credits, and everyone is happy with the outcome. You can also try to leverage Negotiation while persuading.
Paying them off is also viable but expensive if you're low on Credits. Although, 20000 Credits is quite a low amount if you know how to farm credits properly.
Lastly, you can also choose to kill them, although this will be disappointing. Sloan won't be mad at you, but it'll be regrettable for her and come up in the next quest.
Report What Happened to Sloan
Return to the Eleos Retreat and tell Sloan everything that happened. This will conclude the Exorcism quest, and she'll let you know Nevan has one last task for you. This brings us to the final Eleos Retreat quest, Peacekeeper.
Exorcism Quest Rewards
- XP - 100
- Credits - 5000 (Depends on Level)
- Unlocks Peacemaker quest
With everything sorted out, you can finally head on to the final quest, Peacemaker, where you get a full set of legendary gear as a reward for all your hard work.
READ MORE - Get the Peacemaker Legendary Set
For more articles like this, take a look at our Side Quest Guides page.