What a week it has been for Bethesda's space RPG! Starfield has already received an update just days ago, adding DLSS support and more. Earlier tonight, the team also won Xbox Game of the Year at the 41st Annual Golden Joysticks Awards.
But that's not all; another update has arrived for Starfield; we will take a look at everything this new patch for the Xbox Game of the Year brings to the game below. Keep in mind that this update is for the existing Steam Beta Patch. Don't worry we will tell you exactly how to opt in as well.
Starfield November 10 Update
First make sure you have opted in for the Starfield Steam Beta updates (details below), once you have done this step, the new update should become available to download.
UPDATE 1.8.84 - NOVEMBER 10, 2023
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Improved DLSS overall stability.
- Fixed an issue with DLSS Frame Generation where occasionally a blur effect could be seen and the screen could turn black.
- Fixed an issue with DLSS Frame Generation where occasionally blurring or ghosting artifacts could be seen on characters.
- Fixed an issue where some grain/sharpening could be observed in very dark areas with DLSS enabled.
- Fixed an issue where DLSS preset was defaulting from Quality to Performance or vice versa upon exiting the Display settings.
- Fixed an issue where DLSS Frame Generation couldn’t be turned on correctly unless DLSS is enabled.
- Improved Display settings to force V-sync off when DLSS Frame Generation is turned on.
- Improved Display settings DLSS localization.
- Fixed an issue where occasionally the camera could shake incorrectly during Traveling, Grav Jumping, Docking, or Landing transitions.
How to access Steam Beta
Here's how to get the new Starfield patch earlier by opting into beta updates
- Go to your Steam library
- Right-click on Starfield and select properties
- Select 'Beta' from the menu on the left
- Choose the beta you want to participate in from the drop-down box in the upper right
And that's it for the November 10 Starfield update, we will be sure to keep you updated on all the latest patch news, and more, for Starfield. While you are here, why not check out all the ship parts manufacturers in the game and then use our ship-building guide to start making the coolest ships in the galaxy?
For all things Starfield, stick with us at Starfield Portal.
For more articles like this, take a look at our News page.