The Starfield early access launch is upon us, but there seems to be a bit of a problem for players who bought the Premium upgrade to Bethesda's sprawling RPG, facing an error that causes the game to fail to launch.
"You're too early" is the message many are reportedly facing, particularly annoying because early is exactly what was promised when they forked out for the Premium upgrade.
Thankfully, help is at hand. Here is how you can fix the "You're too early" error.
What causes the Starfield early launch bug?
The Starfield "You're too early" error has been popping up on both PC and Xbox, and reports suggest that this is due to server bottlenecks from Bethesda's end. There is a large volume of players trying to play Starfield early access, which could explain the issue. However, there has been no official confirmation from Bethesda, so this is merely speculation.
Regardless, many players have been able to fix the "You're too early" error and we will take a look at the methods they used to fix this Starfield launch error.
How to fix "You're too early" error for PC and Xbox
Many players have reported some successful methods for dealing with this error. However, others still complain that Starfield won't launch. So, make sure to try out all these Starfield error solutions.
- Remove the premium add-on.
- Keep trying to launch the game as a queue seems to be implemented. Many users reported that just spamming start eventually fixed the issue.
- Uninstall and reinstall the premium add-on.
- For Xbox go to "Manage Game" and delete the existing save data. This fixed the issue for many Xbox users.
- If you're getting two tabs for Starfield, one for regular and one for premium, make sure you're launching the premium version of Starfield.
- Another unorthodox tip for Xbox players reported on Reddit was "lining up the close button and play button on the popup and spam clicking". This reportedly fixed the issue for a handful of players.
The second method to attempt a fix for those on PC:
- Click on the main Starfield page on your Xbox App
- Go to where it says Premium edition upgrade on the same page
- Click 'Go to Game' it will take you here - https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PB4ZWV7S2MG
- If you have already purchased, you will be able to click on install to download
That's all we know about the Starfield premium error and how to fix the "You're too early" message.