Let’s admit it - landing our ships in Starfield and seeing our ramps automatically open takes away from that “authentic” science fiction experience.
After all, even Han Solo had to wait a few moments before opening the Millennium Falcon ramps in case some hostiles were waiting nearby.
However, in Bethesda’s newest open-world RPG, the ramps closing and opening are as automatic as breathing. This new mod called Immersive Landing Ramps by SkinnyPig2 aims to change all that.
According to the mod’s description page, this mod keeps the landing ramp closed by default when you visit a new place in the galaxy. With the bay closed, this allows the game to play that awe-inspiring landing animation.
This mod also adds an activator panel at certain locations of your ship to open and close the landing ramps. You’d think that, by default, it will be located beside the landing ramp. However, that’s not the case with this mod since the actual location varies between each model of ship parts.
These are the locations as specified by the mod’s description page at Nexus:
- Nova Galactic NG-6: Directly in the center of the aft wall.
- Deimos 120LD Fore: On the port side fore wall, between the med kit and the landing ramp.
- Deimos 120LD Aft: On the starboard side aft wall, between the med kit and the landing ramp.
- Stroud-Eklund Stability Pro Port: On the starboard wall, to the right of the landing bay door.
- Stroud-Eklund Stability Pro Starboard: On the port wall, to the right of the landing bay door.
- Taiyo Astroneering Ship Bed 200 Fore: On the port wall, to the right of the landing bay door.
- Taiyo Astroneering Ship Bed 200 Aft: On the starboard wall, to the right of the landing bay door.
- HopeTech Hope 4: On the aft wall, directly above the med kit.
The modder specifies that this mod is a temporary solution for this particular need in the game, as Todd Howard promised to create a more sophisticated solution once the Creation Kit drops this year.
- READ MORE - 250 Developers Detailed to Improve Starfield
For more articles like this, take a look at our Mods page.