Starfield is on its third week after release, and bugs are common at this stage of any game. Because of that, Bethesda rolled out an update to fix a few glitches that many players have observed while playing this early version of the company’s newest open-world exploration game.
According to the company’s official website, it has just released Update 1.7.33, which fixed general issues, display problems, and issues with performance and stability.
Starfield September 25 Patch Notes
For general issues, Bethesda said that this patch would fix a bug that misplaces non-playable characters and another one in which Star Stations are mistakenly labeled as a ship owned by the player. This patch will also prevent players from viewing a Vendor’s full inventory at some point in the game.
As for graphics, the update will fix an upscaling glitch that causes blurry textures and allow star lens flares to be more accurate when displayed using AMD GPUs.
This patch finally resolves a serious issue that eliminates items in the Razorleaf’s Storage Containers and Weapon Racks every time the player steals another vessel. Players can also say goodbye to items vanishing when they are placed on mannequins inside their ships.
Last but not least, this update will finally address the Hand Scanner glitches, which will also introduce remedies to frequent crashes and freezes. Full patch notes below -
- Characters: Fixed an issue that could cause some characters to not be in their proper location.
- Star Stations: Fixed an issue where Star Stations would be labeled as a player-owned ship.
- Vendors: Addressed an issue that allowed for a vendor’s full inventory to be accessible.
- AMD (PC): Resolved an issue that caused star lens flares not to appear correctly AMD GPUs.
- Graphics: Addressed an upscaling issue that could cause textures to become blurry.
- Graphics: Resolved an issue that could cause photosensitivity issues when scrolling through the inventory menu.
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Hand Scanner: Addressed an issue where the Hand Scanner caused hitching.
- Various stability and performance improvements to address crashing and freezes.
- Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause displayed items to disappear when applied to in-ship mannequins.
- Displays: Fixed an issue that would cause items stored in Razorleaf Storage Containers and Weapon Racks to disappear after commandeering another ship.
Bethesda said that a larger update will be upcoming, bringing additional features into Starfield. Bethesda had previously announced that it would add native support for Nvidia’s DLSS3 after considerable clamor from the player base.
DLSS3 support has become a major issue among players after modder PureDark attempted to put his mod behind a Patreon paywall and a DRM. Hackers eventually cracked the mod and made it available for free.
For more articles like this, take a look at our News page.